Lunch place: the Shelf

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cute platter and water bottle, right? I had Italian salami and amond stuffed olives sandwich. The water bottle is complimentary, because I didn't order any coffee. I already drink too much coffee/tea at work. 

Surely one of the requirements of a good workplace is having many good eating places close by. My workplace definitely is not too bad in this aspect. Always a sucker for newly opened cafes, I had to try the narrow but long cafe that has recently opened on High Street, Auckland: the Shelf.
The clean interior with small cute decorative touches on the walls and the many shelving spaces - the Shelf, got it?! - makes this cafe a welcoming place to catch up with friends or for business discussions, or just a quick bite to eat during the oh-so-short work lunch hours. 

One of the things I like about the Shelf is that they open early. Like, my early, as in 6.30am, because it's hard to find nice cafes that are open in time for my 7am starts. 

Also, the Shelf serves almond croissants. Enuff said. 

the Shelf
50 High Street
Auckland CBD
The Shelf Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe